Launched in 2013, Calibre 898 is a derivative of the ultra-thin Calibre 899 and closely related to Calibre 896. Unlike Cal. 896, however, Cal. 898 has no seconds subdial (or indeed any seconds display) and adds an optional day/night indicator. All three versions measure just 3.3 mm thick like Cal. 899.
There are three JLC 898 variants:
- JLC 898A (204 pieces, 30 jewels) - Night/day indicator
- JLC 898B (202 pieces, 29 jewels) - Night/day indicator
- JLC 898C (195 pieces, 29 jewels) - Hands only
The 898 is an automatic movement 3.30 mm thick. It runs at 28800 vph and has a power reserve of 43 hours.
Jaeger-LeCoultre currently uses this calibre in thin round watches:
- Jaeger-LeCoultre Rendez-Vous Night & Day (JLC 898A)
- Jaeger-LeCoultre Rendez-Vous Wild Rose (JLC 898B)
- Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Grande Ultra Thin (JLC 898C)
- Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Ultra Thin 41 (JLC 898C)
- Jaeger-LeCoultre Geophysic 1958 (JLC 898/1)