Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso Classic
The Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso line is long and complicated, with the variety of case, dial, complication, and name options exploding after the company re-launched it in the 1980s. After the majority of Reverso watches adopted the "Grande Taille" case in the 1990s, the company launched an even larger Grande Reverso/XGT range, then the Squadra, Gran'Sport, ladies options, and complicated models. After 2011, the company began paring back the sport models to focus on more classic heritage pieces.
As the 85th anniversary of the Reverso line approached in 2016, Jaeger-LeCoultre cleaned house. Now, the heritage pieces would be moved to the Reverso Tribute brand, a new line of Reverso One women's watches was added, and the majority of new concepts would be called Reverso Classic.
The Reverso Classic model range was announced in 2016 in three sizes, with the revised Reverso Classic Duoface adding two more. In a major change from the past, most models were announced with round automatic movements rather than baguette or rectangular hand winding movements. The new streamlined cases were unique, with no models shared with the Tribute line, and all but the Duoface were steel.
Jaeger-LeCoultre quickly added more sizes, movements, and variations but has generally stuck with the "Small, Medium, Large" naming. Hand-winding "Small Seconds" models were added in 2017 as the baguette Cal. 854A/2 Duoface Small Seconds returned to the lineup. The automatic Medium and Large models were retired in 2018.
- Reverso Classic Small
- Reverso Classic Medium (replacing Grande Taille case)
- Reverso Classic Medium, Ref. 253 (2016-2018): 40 x 24.4 x 9.0 mm case with automatic Cal. 965 (no longer listed)
- Reverso Classic Medium Thin, Ref. 254 (2017-present): 40.1 x 24.4 x 7.56 mm case with quartz Cal. 657
- Reverso Classic Medium Small Seconds, Ref. 243 (2017-present): 42.9 x 25.5 x 7.5 mm case with hand winding Cal. 822/2
- Reverso Classic Medium Duetto, Ref. 257 (2016-present): 40.1 x 24.4 x 9.6 mm case with quartz Cal. 968A
- Reverso Classic Medium Duoface Small Seconds, Ref. 245 (2017-present): 42.9 x 25.5 x 9.2 mm case with hand winding Cal. 854A/2
- Reverso Classic Large (replacing XGT case)
- Reverso Classic Large, Ref. 382 (2016-2018): 45.6 x 27.4 x 9.70 mm case with automatic Cal. 965
- Reverso Classic Large Small Seconds, Ref. 385 (2017-present): 45.6 x 27.4 x 8.5 mm case with automatic Cal. 822/2
- Reverso Classic Large Duoface, Ref. 383 (2016-present): 47.0 x 28.3 x 10.3 mm case with automatic Cal. 969
- Reverso Classic Large Duoface Small Seconds, Ref. 384 (2017-present): 47.0 x 28.3 x 10.3 mm case with hand winding Cal. 854A/2