The 900 is an expedition watch by Sinn.
The expedition watch model 900, beneath a second timezone, presents many time-based units on the smallest space.
Seen from the outside to the inside, the following data can be read or set:
- By the 24-hour scale and the yellow UTC hands: the day and night hours of a day.
- By the UTC hands in conjunction with the ordinary hours hand and the sun: the north direction can be determined.
- The pilot's bezel - bidirectional rotating via the crown at 10 o'clock - allows direct, minute-precise reading of time intervals up to one hour. Average speeds between 65 and 600 km/h can be displayed with the help of a universal hour scale with base 1. This scale also allows to convert any units to their average per hour, for example the piece numbers of a production process.
- Units per minute like pulse or respiratory rate are measured with an analog designed scale with a base 15. The average value per minute can be read directly, when the time for 15 strokes, breaths or any other countable size is stopped.
- The red telemeter scale measures the distance of a sound source from ones own site, for example, the distance of a thunderstorm area, using the time difference between lightning and thunder.
- At stop-minutes and hours counter, on the basis of an average walking pace of 5 km/h, traveled distances up to 60 km can be read.
To make the Sinn 900 an adequate companion for auto testers and tour friends, Sinn engineers have engraved on the caseback the tire/speed indices and the most important conversion scales for European and American units, such as liters/100 km in miles/gallon.
The Sinn 900 Hummer is a special edition of the Sinn 900.
- Mechanical chronograph movement Valjoux 7750 with UTC 24h module, 28,800 A/h
- Nivarox-1 hairspring, Glucydur balance wheel, Beryllium plateau
- Mainspring Nivaflex 1, Incabloc shock protection
- Shock proof according to DIN 8308
- Antimagnetic according to DIN 8309
- Stainless steel, DIN material no. 1.4435, tegimented to 1200 HV (surface hardness in Vickers), satin-finished
- D 44 mm, H 15.5 mm
- Sapphire crystal
- Integrated magnetic field protection up to 80.000 A/m (or 100 mT)
- Screw-in stainless steel caseback. Screw-in crown
- Pushers with integrated pusher protection
- Gaskets of crown and pushers are made of a material with high chemical resistance used in vacuum technology and chemistry
- Dry capsule
- Waterproof to 20 atm
- Safe below atmospheric pressure
- Black mat, hour indexes covered with inactive white luminous paint
- Fine minute scale
- Telemeter scale and direction information in red
- Tachymeter scale
- Pulsometer scale
- March odometer indication in daylight color
- Inner bezel with minutes and 24 hours graduation in daylight color, with luminous triangle
- Hours and minutes hand covered with inactive white luminous paint
- Seconds hand and stop hand white
- UTC hands covered with yellow daylight color
- Hours, minutes, small seconds with hacking seconds
- Chronograph: 12 hours counter, 30 minutes counter, 60 seconds counter
- Date indication
- Tachymeter scale from 65 to 600 km/h
- Pulsometer scale and breath counter from 16 to 200/min.
- Rotating inner bezel with 60 minutes division with luminous triangle and 24 hours subdivision (2nd time zone)
- Display of the north direction by Sun or hour hand and arrow pointer or by a second timezone (with bezel)
- Telemeter up to 20 km
- March odometer up to 60 km
- Conversion scale for European and American troops on the ground: Temperature: degrees Celsius to degrees Fahrenheit
- Fuel consumption: Liter/100 km in miles per gallon (mpg)
- Speed: Kilometer per hour in miles per hour (mph)
- kPressure: MPa in kilo pound per square inch (ksi)
- Tire pressure: bar in pound per square inch (psi) and speed indexes for car tires.
- Black cowhide leather strap with satin-finished stainless steel clasp or fine-membered satin-finished stainless steel bracelet, tegimented
- 3 years