The town of Fleurier has a long history of watchmaking, remaining a center of production today with Parmigiani and Vaucher Manufacture Fleurier. Components that would become part of the eponymous Fleurier Watch Co. date to 1858. The company itself was created in 1915 and incorporated many local brands over the next half century, including the original Arcadia. The company was brought into ASUAG in 1932, with movement manufacturing portion, Fabrique d'ébauches de Fleurier, becoming part of Ebauches SA.
The company and its brands gradually disappeared over the next few decades, even as Ebauches SA grew to become part of ETA in today's Swatch Group. The movement manufacturing component of the business was sold to Chopard in 1996, with their historic building following in 2000. Today, the former Fleurier movement works are a core component of Chopard's //manufacture// capability.