From Watch Wiki: The Best Watches and Watch Brands
Jump to: navigation, search

Horological term

A movement is called gabarised if it is so similar in dimensions to another movement that it can replace it. Example: The calibre Piaget 430P can replace the well-known classic, but no longer produced calibre 9P — so it is gabarised for it.