Tourneau, as well as the watch brand, Carl F. Bucherer.
In 1888 the merchant and entrepreneur Bucherer, Carl-Friedrich opened his first watch and jewelry store in Lucerne and thus laid the foundation for a successful family company. The third generation, Jörg G. Bucherer, assumed control of the company in 1976. To Bucherer belong department stores, watch stores, and since 2001 also the watch manufacturer Carl F. Bucherer. Today, the Bucherer Group is an industry leader in the field of watches, jewelry and jewels in Switzerland.
Expansion abroad began in 1987 with the acquisition of the two stores belonging to exclusive Austrian jewelers Haban in Vienna. In 1996, Bucherer opened a watch and jewelry store on the Kurfürstendamm in the center of Berlin. In September, 2002, the renowned watch house Uhren Huber with three shops in Munich was added, and in November 2002 a Bucherer branch was opened in Nuremberg.
In 2007, Bucherer Montres acquired complicated movement specialist Techniques Horlogerès Appliquées, founded in 1989 by Vianny Halter, François-Paul Journe, and Denis Flageollet. This manufacturer is now operated as Carl F. Bucherer Technologies and allowed the company to launch the peripheral winding CFB A1000 movement the next year. Bucherer had been operating a component manufacturer in Lengnau since 2002 but officially opened a factory there in 2016. In 2018, Bucherer introduced the CFB T3000, a tourbillon movement for the Manero Tourbillon Double Peripheral.
As of 2018, Bucherer operates 15 stores in Switzerland, 10 stores in Germany, 5 stores in London, and one store each in Paris, Copenhagen, and Vienna.
Bucherer Montres SA
Tel. +41 32 / 331 82 22
Fax +41 32 / 331 79 44
Tel. +41 41 / 369 70 00
Fax +41 41 / 369 70 71