- With the Sky Moon Tourbillon Ref. 5002 Patek Philippe presents its first double-sided wristwatch, which is also the most complex wristwatch the company has ever produced. It includes a tourbillon, a perpetual calendar with the indications of moon age (number of days since the last full moon), leap year cycle, day of week, month and date indication. The reverse side shows counterclockwise the sky of the northern hemisphere and the angular motion of the stars and the moon.
- A model Patek Philippe World Time from the year 1946 in platinum made on 14 April in Geneva a price of approximately CHF 6.5 million and thus holds the record for the most expensive wristwatch so far sold in the context of an auction.
- The great-grandson of Schaffhausen watch manufacturer and industrialist Johann Heinrich Moser is accountable for the re-establishment of the brand H. Moser & Cie..
- LVMH establishes Louis Vuitton as a luxury watch brand.
- Patek Philippe wins the “Aiguille d'Or” grand prize at the Grand Prix d'Horlogerie de Genève for the 5102 Ciel Lune in November.
2002.txt · Last modified: 02.12.2022 18:48 by 127.0.0.1