Braunschweig & Hirsch were a maker of pocket watches in La Chaux-de-Fonds active in the 1890s and 1900s. The company produced watches under the Astra, Eden, and La Victoire brands.
Braunschweig & Hirsch is first noted at Leopold-Robert 30 in La Chaux-de-Fonds from 1892 through 1894, then temporarily at Rue de la Serre 27 in 1895 and 1896. The company then moves to Rue du Parc 24 from 1898 through 1910. An unrelated firm, Achille Hirsch, also produced watches in the city during this period.
The company used the Astra brand for a line of repeater pocket watches in the early 1900s. In 1897, Braunschweig & Hirsch had purchased an 1889 patent on an advanced repeater mechanism from the famous firm of Barbezat-Baillot. The company also produced 17, 18, 19, and 20 ligne watches with remontoire as well as ladies pocket watches.
Braunschweig et Cie. is the successor starting in 1911. The company's new brands were Elli and Janus.
Braunschweig et Cie. was located at Rue du Paix 19, the same street as the massive Election factory operated by Lucien Braunschweig. The company relocated to Rue Leopold-Robert 63 in 1913, then Commerce 17a in 1914, where they remained through 1932.