Most models of the Omega Speedmaster have been hand-winding. However, Omega has created a few automatic Speedmaster watches over the years. Many of the most sought-after models use Omega's Cal. 1045, a version of the famous Lemania 5100 automatic chronograph movement.
The following Omega Speedmaster watches used Cal. 1045
- Omega Speedmaster Mark IV ST 176.0012 (1974-1977)
- Omega Speedmaster "TV Dial" ST 176.0014 (1974-1977)
- Omega Speedmaster "Tonneau" ST 176.0015/176.0016 (1974-1977)
- Omega Speedmaster Mark V (1984)
- Omega Speedmaster Automatic "Holy Grail" ST 376.0822 (1987)
One additional prototype, case number 176.0017, was created but not produced.