Table of Contents
Sinn 6033 Frankfurt Financial District Watch V
The Model 6033 Frankfurt Financial District Watch V is an automatic watch from Sinn produced from 2007 through 2016. It is the fifth model in the Sinn Frankfurt Financial District line and one of a trio of smaller 34 mm watches introduced that year. It is the least-complicated model ever in that line, with no GMT hand or complications.
In 1999, Sinn added a model to celebrate the company's home city of Frankfurt and to appeal to the business and finance professionals there. The Frankfurt Financial District Watch was designed to reflect the sensibilities of the German businessman, with clean utilitarian lines, a restrained black dial, and stainless steel case. And, reflecting the international appeal of Frankfurt, the Frankfurt Financial District Watch was designed to show the time in multiple timezones. The company suggested that it could keep track of the time in New York and Tokyo, two other major stock exchanges, while showing the local time in Frankfurt.
The original Model 6000 Frankfurt Financial District Watch was an automatic chronograph but the company added the four handed Model 6060 late in 2001. Both watches have an independently adjustable hand for a second timezone with an internal rotating bezel for a third.
This Model 6033 was part of a trio of smaller 34 mm watches that joined the lineup in 2007. The 6030 "IV" chronograph and 6033 “V” were introduced early in the year, neither of which featured the GMT hand that had defined the “Frankfurter” family from the start. Sinn simply did not have a suitably-small GMT movement. It was almost 2008 before Sinn introduced the Model 6036 "VI" World Time.
Another design departure for the Model 6033 was the location of the crowns. Where the Model 6060 used a crown at 10 00 for the rotating inner bezel, Models 6033 and 6036 used a crown at 2 00 and moved the winding crown to 4 00. Apart from this, there was a strong family resemblance among all these models.
Model 6033 is equipped with the ETA 2892A2 movement, with the date window moved to 4 30 as on the Model 6060. The movement, visible through a sapphire display caseback, features a “bull and bear” motif.
Note that this watch is officially called “Frankfurter Finanzplatzuhr V” (“Frankfurt Financial District Watch V”) with no mention of “Dual Time”. But it is frequently referred to as the “Frankfurt Dual Time Watch”.
The 34 mm Financial District watches were retired in 2015 (Model 6030 “IV”), 2016 (Model 6033 “V”), and 2017 (Model 6036 “VI”). Although there is no direct replacement for Model 6033, Model 6068 is a similar 38.5 mm model introduced in 2015.
- Sinn 6033 (2007-2016) - Stainless steel case, black dial and bezel
- Self-winding movement ETA 2892A2, 28,800 A/h
- On the rotor “bull and bear” motif is engraved by hand
- Antimagnetic according to DIN 8309
- Waterproof according to DIN 8310
- Shock resistant according to ISO 1413
- Stainless steel case
- Ø 34 mm, H 10.3 mm
- Sapphire crystal, antireflective on both sides
- Caseback screwed, with sapphire crystal, antireflective inside
- Waterproof to 10 bar
- Safe below atmospheric pressure
- Black galvanised dial with sunburst pattern
- Rhodinatede appliques coated with white luminous colour
- Hours- and minutes hand skeletonized, coated with luminous colour
- Central hacking seconds hand rhodinated
- Hours, minutes, hacking central seconds
- Inner bezel with second time-zone
- Date window at 4 30
- 2 wristbands calf leather strap and solid metal bracelet
- 2 years
- Successor Sinn 6068