- Patek Philippe presents the luxury ladies' watch Twenty~4®.
- Sinn presents the first model of the Finanzplatzuhr (broker's watch).
- Vodafone acquires Mannesmann, kicking off a bidding war for LMH, which includes A. Lange & Söhne, IWC, and Jaeger-LeCoultre. Richemont beats PPR and LVMH, purchasing the company, including Audemars Piguet's shares, for a record CHF 2.8 billion on July 21. This brings the companies together with Cartier, Montblanc, Panerai, and Piaget, and reunites Jaeger-LeCoultre with Vacheron Constantin.
- Breguet, together with the Nouvelle Lemania, is bought by the Swatch Group on September 14.
- On 14 November a rattrapante wristwatch, brought onto the market by Patek Philippe in 1922, is auctioned at the auction house Antiquorium for US$ 1,918,387. This has been so far the highest price ever reached for a wristwatch in an auction.
1999.txt · Last modified: 02.12.2022 18:48 by 127.0.0.1