Audemars Piguet Millenary Deadbeat Seconds 26091
Audemars Piguet Millenary Deadbeat Seconds, Ref. 26091OR.OO.D803CR.01
© Audemars Piguet
Luxury watch by Audemars Piguet.
The series Millenary represents the classically elegant models by Audemars Piguet with the typical cross-oval or elliptical case form.
This new model has the AP escapement newly developed by Audemars Piguet Inspired by a mechanism that Robert Robin invented in the late 18th century, a completely new escapement system has been designed that connects the high power efficiency of an escapement with direct drive with the security of a Swiss lever escapement. By this power losses of the most “power hungry” component of the movement can be reduced without making use of new materials (silicone, etc.) or the need to lubricate lifting stones. This significant technical breakthrough was presented 2006 as a world premiere in the Cabinet N° 5 of the collection //Tradition d'Excellence//.
The eccentriccally at 7 o'clock arranged sub-dial offers one more technical exclusivity the „Seconde morte“ or Dead-beat seconds. This independent display which jumps in steps of seconds, without interfering with the rate of the watch, was invented in the 18th century. It is frequently found in the famous chronograph pocket watches by Audemars Piguet, generally combined with a “Seconde foudroyante” (a hand encircling the dial in one second).
Audemars Piguet won the Design Watch Prize at the Grand Prix d'Horlogerie de Genève for the Millenary avec seconde morte in November, 2007.
- 26091OR.OO.D803CR.01 rose gold, silvered dial
- Manual winding Calibre AP 2905, 21,600 A/h
- Lubricant-free AP escapement with higher power generation (7 days power reserve)
- Gyromax balance with high inertia for increased accuracy
- Two spiral springs rotated by 180 ° to make the final curvature superfluous
- Contemporary geometric style of the movement
- Locking mechanism in order to eliminate the undesirable torque ranges of the drive spring
- Shock protection Kif Elastor
- 31 jewels
- 233 components
- 168 hours power reserve
- 18 ct rose gold
- Ø 47 mm, H ? mm
- Sapphire crystal, caseback with sapphire crystal
- Waterproof to 20 m
- Hours, minutes, seconds (Dead-beat seconds)
- Black croco strap with folding clasp