Silver is a precious metal.
Latin argentum. Chemical symbol Ag
Silver, together with gold and platinum, belongs to the most important precious metals for jewelery because of its outstanding material properties.
- Silver is highly resistant to air and acids. In case of contact with sulfur compounds occur brown black coverings, but they are easy to remove.
- A smooth silver surface is the best reflector of light.
- Silver is very stretchy and harder than gold Mohs hardness 2.7 (annealed).
- Although silver is a precious metal and suitable as an investment, it is affordable for everyone in the quantities required for the creation of jewelry.
- By alloying with other metals the optical and mechanical properties of silver can be largely changed and adapted to different needs.
silver.txt · Last modified: 03.07.2022 15:38 by 127.0.0.1