Ressence Type 8
Ressence Type 8 C
The Type 8 is a wristwatch from Ressence.
The sixth distinct family of watches from Ressence, the Type 8 has been designed with the same functional relevance that defines all Ressence watches. Clarity, simplicity, and ergonomics are at the core of its design.
The Type 8 has a hyper-modern, sleek case crafted entirely in grade five titanium, which contributes to an extremely light overall weight: with the strap included, the watch weighs just 42 grams. The tapered case has a sandwich-style construction with a two-tone finish, showcasing both polished and satin finishing textures. The case has no apparent lugs; instead the overall effect is of one integrated case volume, out of which the strap appears to grow invisibly.
Graphically simplified to the essence, the watch indicates only the hours and minutes, and with no text or numbers, the domed cobalt blue dial has been reduced to the viable minimum. Simple white baton markers present the time with perfect clarity from any angle thanks to the Ressence Orbital Convex System (ROCS) display, whereby the dial itself comprises rotating discs set into the same plane. The hands and the hour and minute scales are picked out in blue SuperLuminova for low-light legibility.
- Self-winding movement with patented ROCS 8 (Ressence Orbital Convex System) driven by the minute axle of a customised and reinforced ETA 2892/2 base calibre, 28,800 A/h
- 31 jewels
- Power reserve 36 h
- Matt Cobalt Blue grade 5 titanium convex dial (75mm radius) running on a jewel ball bearing with eccentric satellites rolling on jewel ball-bearings inclined at 9,75° (hours)
- Engraved indications filled with 100% Blue Superluminova grade A
- Hours, minutes
- Manual winding viacase over 12° and set-up via case-back (crownless)
- Rotating two directions
- Blue leather strap with pin buckle
- CHF 12,500 (2022)