Table of Contents
Rudis Sylva RS11
© Rudis Sylva
Rudis Sylva Harmonious Oscillator
© Rudis Sylva
Rudis Sylva is a Swiss watch brand.
The name Rudis Sylva is the ancient name for the village of Les Bois. In 1387, a man named Ruedin settled here. The term Rudis Sylva is Latin and means “The Forest of Ruedin”.
The brand Rudis Sylva is lead by Jacky Epitaux. He had formerly worked at Dixi and then at Zenith.
The Harmonious Oscillator
At the BaselWorld 2009 the presentation of a watch with a so-called “Harmonious Oscillator” (Harmonious Oscillator RS05), a technical innovation and accuracy challenge to the tourbillon, caused a sensation. The inventor of this concept was Romain Gillet, the finnish watchmaker Mika Rassinen provided the technical realization.
The Harmonious Oscillator is a worldwide unique system (patent no. 575/09) with two mechanically interlinked balances driven by a single escapement. It features the following characteristics:
- Balances: Toothed, interlinked, ensuring the same amplitude
- Escapement: Only 1 with 1 pallet fork positioned at 90°
- Frequency: 21,600 vibrations/hour (3 Hz)
- Cage rotation: 360° in 60 seconds
- Cage diameter: 17,40 mm
- Balance-springs: 2, flat, asymmetric deployment
- Balance-springs symmetry and energy: Constantly opposed
- Vertical gravity correction: Instantaneous, completely eliminating the effect of gravity
The models RS10, RS11, RS12, RS14 and RS16, containing this feature, were presented at the Watches & Wonders Geneva in spring 2022.
CH-2336 Les Bois, Switzerland
+41 (0) 32 961 19 58
- Rudis Sylva, Youtube