Table of Contents
The Chronograph 717 is listed by Sinn in the “Instrumental Chronographs” series and is powered by the in-house caliber SZ1, the construction of which had already begun in 2003. The special feature of the model is its excellent readability, following the symmetrical Tricompax dial layout.
The watch was developed as a successor to the Nabo 17 ZM on-board chronograph originally produced for the Luftwaffe's Tornado program in the late 1970s.
The Nabo 17 ZM on-board chronograph was originally developed for the Luftwaffe's Tornado program in the late 1970s and featured central minute counting. To this day, on-board clocks of this type are still in use in Tornado multi-role combat aircraft of the German Armed Forces. They were also used in the F-104 starfighter, the Breguet Atlantic - a naval maritime reconnaissance aircraft - and in Bundeswehr helicopters such as the Bölkow Bo 105. Special features were the buttons for start and zero setting on the lower case, as well as the easy-to-read orange hands of the chronograph's central stop second and stop minute.
The Nabo 17 ZM was the inspiration for the Model 717 in terms of form and function, and this timepiece also features a stop-seconds and stop-minute indication from the center in the form of large orange hands. The case has an internal pilot's bezel, which can be operated by sliding on the outer diameter of the watch. The large size 717 has a diameter of 45 mm.
- German Design Award 2022: Excellent Product Design.
- Automatics Chronograph movement Sinn SZ1, 28,800 A/h, further in-house development based on the ETA 7750
- Jumping central 60-stop minute hand
- 28 jewels
- Stainless steel, bead blasted
- Ø 45 mm, total height 15.3 mm
- Sapphire crystal, anti-reflective coating on both sides
- Black hard coating on tegimented background
- Pilot's bezel inside with luminous triangle
- Ar-Dehumidifying Technology, resulting in increased functional and anti-fogging safety.
- Waterproof to 20 atm, vacuum-proof
- Hour, minute, small second, date
- Chronograph with 60-minute stopwatch from the center
- Black dial
- Hands and numerals covered with luminous paint
- Leather strap or silicone strap
- 3 years
- 4650,- € (leather strap) / 4950,- € (silicone strap) (as of 2021).