Patek Philippe Aquanaut
Patek Philipe launched the Aquanaut range in 1997 as a lower-priced alternative to the existing Nautilus range. A true sports watch, the Aquanaut features a rugged three-part case and screw-down crown for 120 meter water resistance, the most of any watch with a sapphire caseback at that time.
The first edition was a 1,000-piece limited series, Ref. 5060A and 5060J in stainless steel and yellow gold, respectively. Later that same year, Patek Philippe released the "Jumbo" Ref. 5065 Aquanaut, with a 38 mm steel case and rubber strap, a first for Patek Philippe. This was followed by Ref. 5066, which featured the same midsize case as the limited edition model but with a sapphire display caseback added. A quartz Aquanaut (Ref. 5064) and smaller quartz ladies Aquanaut Ref. 4960 and 4961 were launched later. The first-generation Aquanaut was retired in 2006.
The second-generation Aquanaut was introduced at the 2007 Baselworld fair. It features a larger 40 mm case, new movements (notably Cal. 324), a contoured rubber strap, new style deployant clasp, and different dial. A Ladies automatic model replaced the old medium-sized reference, and he first-generation men's quartz models was retired. The first-ever Aquanaut chronograph, Ref. 5968, was introduced in 2018.
- Aquanaut Travel Time Ref. 5164 (2011-present) - 40.8 mm (Automatic, dual timezone, date, Cal. 324 S C FUS)
- Aquanaut Extra Large Ref. 5167 (2007-present) - 40 mm (Automatic, Cal. 324 S C)
- Aquanaut Jumbo Ref. 5168 (2017-present) - 42.2 mm (Automatic, Cal. 324 S C)
- Aquanaut Chronograph 5968 (2018-present) - 42.2 mm (Automatic, Cal. CH 28-520 C)
- Ladies Aquanaut Quartz Ref. 5067 35.6 mm (Ladies, quartz, date, Cal. E23-250 S C) Quartz
- Ladies Aquanaut Ref. 5068, 5069, 5072 35.6 mm (Ladies, automatic, date, Cal. 324 S C)
- Original Limited Edition Aquanaut, Ref. 5060 (1997) - 36 mm case, automatic Cal. 330 S C
- Original "Jumbo" Aquanaut, Ref. 5065 (1997-2006) - 38 mm case, automatic Cal. 315 S C
- Aquanaut Quartz, Ref. 5064 (1998-2006) - 36 mm case, quartz Cal. E23 SC
- Ladies Aquanaut Quartz, Refs. 4960, 4961 Quartz Cal. E19C