Patek Philippe Aquanaut 5060
Patek Philippe Aquanaut
© Patek Philippe
Ref. 5060 and the similar Ref. 5066 are the original Aquanaut sports watch models from Patek Philippe, produced from 1997 through 2006.
Patek Philipe launched the Aquanaut range in 1997 as a lower-priced alternative to the existing Nautilus range. A true sports watch, the Aquanaut features a rugged three-part case and screw-down crown for 120 meter water resistance, the most of any watch with a sapphire caseback at that time.
The original Ref. 5060 was released in 1997 a limited edition of 1,000 pieces. It featured a 36 mm case with a solid caseback. Inside was Patek Philippe's Cal. 330 S C central rotor automatic movement.
The Aquanaut proved very successful, so Patek Philippe put the Aquanaut into full production. Two sizes were available The 36 mm Ref. 5066 and the "Jumbo" Ref. 5065, with a 38 mm case. Ref. 5066 differed from the Limited Edition in that it had a sapphire display caseback.
In 2007, Patek Philippe introduced Ref. 5167 at BaselWorld to replace Ref. 5066.
- 5060A Stainless steel Limited Edition (1,000 pieces total steel and gold)
- 5060J Yellow gold Limited Edition
- 5066A Stainless steel
- 5066/1A Stainless steel with steel bracelet
- 5066J Yellow gold
- 5066/1J Yellow gold with gold bracelet
- Self-winding manufacture movement Cal. 330 S C, 21,600 A/h
- 29 jewels
- Power reserve 45 h
- Ø 36 mm
- Fixed bezel satin-finished
- Sapphire crystal, sapphire crystal or solid caseback
- Waterproof to 120 m
- Hours, minutes, central seconds, date
- “Tropical” strap made of durable and water resistant composite material, with folding clasp
- Optional metal bracelet
- Successor Aquanaut Ref. 5167