Arnold & Son DTE „Double Tourbillon Escapement Dual Time Watch“
Arnold & Son DTE Double Tourbillon Escapement Dual Time Watch
© Arnold & Son
DTE “Double Tourbillon Escapement Dual Time Watch” is a wristwatch by Arnold & Son.
The DTE is a masterpiece of symmetry, balance and three-dimensional beauty combined with technical foresight and ultimate performance precision. The watch, powered by the mechanical hand-wound calibre A&S8513, brings the centuries-old tradition of double movements back to life – in 21st century style. It features two separate time zone displays – each of which can be set independently from the other thanks to dedicated setting mechanisms. Each has its own gear train and its own tourbillon escapement.
In addition to the double tourbillon escapement and the dual dial/dual time indication, the watch is incredibly efficient in that it not only offers local time in hours and minutes, but also offers hours and minutes of a second time zone to be set separately – thereby enabling the wearer to have precise time in zones that differ from Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) by quarter- or half-hour increments. The double barrels of the watch offer a superb 90 hours of power reserve.
In typical Arnold & Son style, the watch is incredibly detailed and features superlative Haute Horlogerie finishing. The dial side of the timepiece offers symmetry and depth. It features two silvery opaline dials – one each at 12 o'clock and 6 o'clock – for the dual time displays. The two tourbillon escapements are harmoniously balanced at 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock and seem to float over the dial thanks to their alluring raised 18-carat white gold bridges. The backdrop for these double dials and double tourbillon escapements is a magnificently decorated vertical Côtes de Genève stripes plate treated in NAC grey. The two crowns – one each for setting the local and the home time – are located at 2 o'clock and 8 o'clock, and the two mainsprings are wound using the crown at 2 o'clock.
The 43.5 mm DTE is created in 18-carat white gold. The silvery opaline dials (with Roman numerals in one and Arabic numerals in the other) are accented with blued hour and minute hands. The back of the watch features a transparent sapphire crystal for viewing the splendidly decorated nickel-silver movement with NAC grey treatment.
Using a text by Arnold & Son
- Exclusive Arnold & Son mechanical double tourbillon movement S 8513, hand-wound, 21,600 A/h
- Double Tourbillon
- Double barrel
- Nickel silver, with grayer NAC coating
- Haute Horlogerie finishing hand-chamfered bridges and polished edges, fine circular graining and Côtes de Genève rayonnantes, plate dial side with Côtes de Genève, circular satin-finished wheels with hand-chamfered and polished edges, screws with beveled and mirror-polished heads
- Tourbillon 18-carat white gold bridges, satin-finished and mirror-polished surfaces with hand-chamfered and polished edges
- Hand-chamfered and mirror-polished tourbillon cages
- 42 jewels
- 90 hours power reserve
- 18 ct white gold
- Ø 43.5 mm, H ? mm
- Domed sapphire crystal, antireflective on both sides
- Transparent caseback in sapphire crystal
- Waterproof to 3 atm
- Silvery opaline
- Hours, minutes, GMT hours and minutes
- Hand-stitched black or brown alligator leather
- 28 pieces