Table of Contents
Jaeger-LeCoultre 8 Days
Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso Grande Date (back)
Jaeger-LeCoultre has produced long-reserve watch movements since 1919, culminating with the 8 Days series of watches introduced in the 2000's.
The first 8-day power reserve Jaeger-LeCoultre watch was introduced in 1919. Calibre 144 measured 38.35mm in diameter and was used in a number of pocket watches. In 1928, Jaeger-LeCoultre introduced Calibre 134, an 8-day alarm movement measuring 27.07 mm in diameter. A minute repeater was introduced the next year, measuring 29.33 mm in diameter.
In 1931, Jaeger-LeCoultre introduced the most famous classic 8 day movement, Calibre 124. It was a rectangular movement measuring 27.07 mm by 20.30 mm and it set the stage for the modern series of movements. This was the template used by the Jaeger-LeCoultre team when they started developing an 8 days movement for the Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso Septantieme in 1997.
Reverso 8 Days
To celebrate the company's 70th birthday in 2002, Jaeger-LeCoultre introduced the Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso Septantième, featuring the all-new Calibre 879. This was a major advancement over Calibre 124, with nearly every component changed but the original design retained. The movement was designed with some flexibility in mind, and a family of 8 day Reverso models soon followed.
- Calibre 879 (2002) - Moon phase, small seconds, date, power reserve
- Calibre 874 (2003) - Small seconds, jumping power reserve on rear
- Calibre 875 (2003) - Small seconds, date, power reserve
- Calibre 873 (2004) - Day/night, small seconds/moon phase, power reserve
- Calibre 878 (2004) - Day/night, small seconds, date; Reverse power reserve, 24-hour, GMT
Master Eight Days
Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Eight Days Perpetual SQ Platinum
Jaeger-LeCoultre later created a round version of the 8 days movement for the Master series of watches.
- Calibre 877 (2003) - Day/night, small seconds, date, power reserve
- Calibre 876 (2004) - Perpetual calendar, date, month, day/moon phase, year, day/night, power reserve
- Calibre 177 (2004) - Tourbillon, power reserve, perpetual calendar, equation of time, date, month