Rolex Day-Date 128200
The Oyster Perpetual Day-Date is a luxury wristwatch by Rolex. It is the current smaller-sized model in the famous Rolex Day-Date line and is commonly known as the Rolex President.
The Day-Date line is one of the most famous watches and has long been known as the President due to its association with government and business leaders. The official name, Oyster Perpetual Day-Date, refers to the waterproof Oyster case, Perpetual automatic winding, and iconic day and date complication. The Rolex Day-Date famously places the day window in an arc at 12 00 rather than the common location “inside” the date window at 3 00 on the dial.
The current Day-Date range includes this smaller 36 mm Ref. 128 as well as the larger 40 mm Ref. 228. The Ref. 128 was introduced in 2019, replacing the well-received Ref. 118. The case was redesigned and the model line was simplified, and the Ref. 128 got the new Cal. 3255 “3-day” movement. The President bracelet was also updated with ceramic inner pieces to control stretching.
Although the Day-Date is available with a variety of bracelets, it is most closely associated with the Rolex President 3-link bracelet. Rolex also sells the previous Day-Date 36 Ref. 118 on the Rolex Oyster bracelet or a leather strap. The Day-Date 40 is available on a Rolex Jubilee bracelet as well, but this is not offered on the Day-Date 36 as of 2019.
- * 128235 - Everose gold, fluted bezel
- 128345 - Everose gold, diamond bezel * * 128238 - Yellow gold, fluted bezel * 128348 - Yellow gold, diamond bezel
- * 128239 - White gold, fluted bezel
- 128349 - White gold, diamond bezel Movement: * Automatic Calibre Rolex 3255 (bi-directional winding), 28,800 A/h * Certified chronometer (COSC) Case: * Gold Rolex Oyster case * Ø 36 mm * Fixed bezel (fluted) * Sapphire crystal * Screw-in crown * Waterproof to 100 m Functions: * Hours, minutes, seconds * Date, day of week (in all world languages) Dial: * Applied hour indexes in gold or diamond Bracelet: **
- Rolex President bracelet with folding clasp