diver's chronograph in the EZM series produced by Sinn from 2008 through 2018.
Introduced before Baselworld in 2008, the U1000 took the Mission Timer series to the next level for Sinn. Designed to be the ultimate dive watch, the U1000 features left-side crown and chronograph pushers like many other Sinn EZM watches. The case is made of steel from a German submarine maker and is treated with TEGIMENT technology for extreme scratch resistance. Notably, the watch is resistant to depths up to 1,000 meters (100 bar) even without screw-down chronograph pushers.
The U1000 uses Sinn's Calibre SZ02, a modified Valjoux 7750 with a 60-minute chronograph counter rather than the typical 30-minute totalizer. The “rotation” of the movement, placing the crown at 9 00, moves the subdials 180 degrees from their typical position, with the small seconds hand running on the dial at 3 00 with no markings.
This model was typically called “U1000” but was also marketed as “EZM 6”. It was produced through 2018.
- Antimagnetic according to DIN 8309
- Movement storage in a dry inert gas atmosphere, thereby improving the precision quality for a long time and extend service intervals
- Secure function from -45° Celsius to +80° Celsius
- Power reserve 44 hours
- Tegimented submarine steel
- U1000 S Tegimented submarine steel with black hard material coating
- D 44 mm, H 18 mm
- Chronograph pushers and crown at left side
- Non-detachable diver's bezel with luminous triangular marker, with patented protection against unintentional adjustment
- Waterproof to 1,000 m
- Hours, minutes, seconds with hacking seconds
- Chronograph 12 hours counter, 60 minutes counter, 60 seconds counter
- Date indication
- Silicone strap with massive, tegimented steel clasp and diving extension or solid stainless steel bracelet, tegimented
- U1000 S Bracelet and clasp with additional black hard material coating