- TAG Heuer issues the concept chronograph Grand Carrera Calibre 36 RS Caliper. In the fall of 2008 it wins the renowned Grand Prix d'Horlogerie de Genève in the category of Best sports watch.
- As another highlight of technical innovation the new production model of the experimental watch Monaco V4 by TAG Heuer excites attention. The completely redesigned movement, in which the spring force is not, as is usually the case with virtually all watches, transferred by means of wheels, but with the help of a toothed belt, had already stunned the experts as well as the public at large.
- Jaeger-LeCoultre, known for spectacular complication watches anyway, presents the Duomètre à Grande Sonnerie, an even more complicated watch creation: it combines a total of 26 complications, making it the most complicated wristwatch in the world to date.
- Nomos presents the model Zürich, which emerges from a collaboration with the unfortunately died young Zürich watch designer Hannes Wettstein as his last watch creation.
- Gérald Genta presents the model Sonic Arena Méta, equipped with a grande sonnerie, a tourbillon and numerous innovations. The case frame is made of the new, patented alloy Magsonic®. Profound acoustic and vibration analyzes result in an unprecedented sound quality.