- The Sinn special watches GmbH & Co. KG is founded by Helmut Sinn. He produces mainly pilot's watches and chronographs, which by direct marketing can be offered at unbeatable prices.
- Rolex introduces the Day-Date watch at the Basel Fair, which would become known as the “President”.
- Sandoz unveils Cal. HSF 56, the thinnest movement produced to date.
- Jaeger-LeCoultre introduces the automatic Memovox with Cal. 815.
- Citizen creates Para-Shock, the first Japanese shock-resistant movement.
1956.txt · Last modified: 02.12.2022 18:48 by 127.0.0.1