A. Lange & Söhne Double Split
With rattrapante chronographs split time measurements, time comparisons, as well as minimum and maximum time value measurements can be performed, in addition to the usual functions of chronographs.
But in conventional rattrapante chronographs these functions are limited to the seconds scale, ie exactly 60 seconds. The double rattrapante mechanism, developed by A. Lange & Söhne and presented with the model Double Split, is also equipped with a counter of flyback minutes. With this, it is now possible to use to the flyback functions up to a period of 30 minutes - and thus really useful.
The Lange Double Split, published 2004, is the world's first flyback chronograph with double rattrapante function.
In the same year this model won the Special Prize of the Jury at the prestigious Grand Prix d'Horlogerie de Genève.
- 404.035 (platinum)
- Manual winding manufacture movement Lange L001.1, 21,600 A/h
- Flyback chronograph with double rattrapante and precisely jumping minutes counters
- Power reserve 38 hours
- 465 components
- Ø 43 mm, height 15.3 mm
- Caseback in platinum, fixed by 6 screws, with sapphire crystal
- Waterproof to 30 m
- Solid sterling silver, black laquered with numerals, bars and speed dials printed in white
- Totalisers Silver, with numerals and second bars printed in black
- Hands for hours and minutes in rhodinated gold and luminous
- Small hands partially blued
- Enforced, hand-sewn crocodile leather strap
- Tang-type buckle in platinum
- 82.500 € RRP (2007)