Jaeger-LeCoultre Duomètre à Chronographe
This monopusher chronograph has to offer an exciting technical innovation it has a newly designed manual winding movement Calibre JLC 380. This actually consists of two movements with separate barrels and dial trains - one to indicate the time and one for the stop function, each with 50 hours power reserve. Both are arranged in parallel on the main plate like two wings, hence the term “Two Wings Calibre”. They are coupled via the thumb wheel of the “flashing” sixth of a second that acts as a relay.
To activate the stop mechanism, normally a clutch is used, which however disturbs the drive of the movement - by the new construction it becomes superfluous. Because therefore the two movement parts don't influence each other, a maximum precision of the function is guaranteed the mechanism starts at the slightest touch of the button without delay.
The chronograph, in addition to an exceptional display of hour, minute and seconds, has a digital stop-minute display and a seconde foudroyante. This “flashing second” is a small hand to display a split second. Every second it takes a revolution of six jumps. Thus, with the Duomètre à Chronographe times up to the sixth of a second can be accurately measured.
- 601.14.20, yellow gold, beige dial
- 601.24.20, rose gold, silver dial
- 601.34.70, white gold, black dial, limited to 200 pieces
- 601.64.90, platinum, platinum dial, limited to 300 pieces
- 42 mm by 13.6 mm
- Case with soldered and polished horns and a satin-finished middle section
- Sapphire crystal on both sides
- Waterproof to 5 atm
- White, grained
- The number of the calibre or of the watch is written on a plaque at 6 o'clock
- Hours, minutes, seconds, digital stop minutes indication and seconde foudroyante
- Chronograph function
- Crocodile leather strap with tang-type buckle