Rolex Quartz Date
Quartz watch by Rolex, produced between 1970 and 1972. On the dial next to the brand name, only the name “Quartz” is to be read. The watch was produced in an edition of 1.000 pieces and was sold out before production start. It is a forerunner of the 1978 presented Oysterquartz with its Rolex-own quartz movement .
The watch is now regarded as a special rarity and achieved collector prices in excess of € 10,000. Who owns it may become a member of the Rolex Quartz Club in Geneva and enroll in the Golden Register.
- 13 jewels
- 38 x 40 x 12 mm
- Sapphire crystal with attached date loupe
- Ribbed bezel
- Water protected, anti-magnetic till 1000 Oersted
- Champagne with attached Baton gold indexes, tritium marker
- Baton hand in Gold with tritium insert
- Hours, minutes, central seconds, date
- Solid gold bracelet with hidden clasp