Sellita was founded in 1952 in La Chaux-de-Fonds. The company manufactured their own-branded watches under the advertising slogan, “une montre a la hauteur” (“a watch up to the task”). Sellita was co-located with Montres Erguel S.A. at Rue des Tourelles 13 before moving to Rue Numa-Droz 158 in 1954. This would be home to Sellita as the company grew through the 1960s.
In the 1960s and added the Tressa brand as well. The company moved to a new production facility on Rue Emancipation 40 in La Chaux-de-Fonds in 1968. Sellita was part of Union pour des Montres Ancre Économiques by 1970 along with companies like Cauny, Mondaine, Semag, Catena, Imperial, and Guda.
Today, Sellita is best known as a producer of automatic movements based on designs from ETA. Sellita was a contractor to the Swatch Group giant, producing parts and movements under license and began producing their own movements in 2003.
Since Swatch/ETA announced that they would cut back movement deliveries to third party customers, the importance of alternative suppliers such as Sellita, Technotime, and La Joux-Perret, has increased dramatically.
Sellita movements include
Sellita Watch SA
Crêt du Locle 11
CH-2300 La Chaux-de-Fonds
Tel. ++41 (0) 32 967 99 67
Fax ++41 (0) 32 967 99 60