Table of Contents
Sinn 6012 Frankfurt Financial District Watch with moon phase and full calendar week display
The Model 6012 Frankfurt Financial District Watch with moon phase and full calendar week display is an automatic chronograph from Sinn produced since 2019 and is the twelfth model in the Sinn Frankfurt Financial District line. It is similar to the 2015 Model 6052.
In 1999, Sinn added a model to celebrate the company's home city of Frankfurt and to appeal to the business and finance professionals there. The Frankfurt Financial District Watch was designed to reflect the sensibilities of the German businessman, with clean utilitarian lines, a restrained black dial, and stainless steel case. And, reflecting the international appeal of Frankfurt, the Frankfurt Financial District Watch was designed to show the time in multiple timezones. The company suggested that it could keep track of the time in New York and Tokyo, two other major stock exchanges, while showing the local time in Frankfurt.
The original Model 6000 Frankfurt Financial District Watch used a 38.5 mm case, which was up-sized in 2014 for the 41.5 mm Model 6099. Model 6052 was launched one month later and shares the new, larger case but uses a Sinn movement, Cal. SZ03, with full calendar, week number indicator, and no GMT or second time zone display.
In 2019, Sinn launched this Model 6012 which shares much with the existing Model 6052 but is unique in some ways. The Sinn movement, Cal. SZ06, has the same 60-minute chronograph display and day and month windows at 12 00 as its predecessor. Also like that model, there is no no GMT hand or second time zone display, with the inner bezel used as a scale for the central date by pointer. There are two differences at 6 00, however The 12-hour chronograph counter returns (rather than the week number indicator) and a moon phase indicator is added. This is the signature feature of the model, with the moon constructed of mother of pearl.
Note that the reference number, 6012, likely refers to the fact that this is the 12th model in the Sinn Frankfurt Financial District range. Sinn had numbered these watches in 2007 with the IV, V, and VI, but abandoned that practice.
Unlike Model 6052, which has only been issued in stainless steel as of 2019, Model 6012 includes a rose gold Anniversary model. A limited edition of 50 pieces, this celebrates the 1999 launch of the original Frankfurt Financial District Watch.
- Sinn 6012 (2019-present) - Stainless steel case, black dial
- Sinn 6012 Rose Gold Anniversary (2019) - Rose gold case, black dial, limited edition of 50 pieces
- Self-winding chronograph full calendar movement SZ06, 28,800 A/h
- Antimagnetic according to DIN 8309
- Waterproof according to DIN 8310
- Stainless steel case
- Ø 41.5 mm, H 14.5 mm
- Sapphire crystal, antireflective on both sides
- Caseback screwed, with sapphire crystal, antireflective inside
- Pushers with D3 system
- Pressure resistant to 10 bar
- Safe below atmospheric pressure
- Black galvanised dial, with solar grinding
- Appliques coated with white luminous colour
- Hours- and minutes hand skeletonized, coated with luminous colour
- Hours, minutes central
- Chronograph seconds central
- Date by pointer central
- Chronograph hours and moon phase indicator at 6 00
- Hacking small seconds at 9 00
- Chronograph 60 minute counter, day, and month windows at 12 00
- 2 wristbands calf leather strap and solid metal bracelet
- Wooden case with watchband replacement tool kit, spare spring bars, Eschenbach watchmaker's loupe, cleaning cloth and Frankfurt Finance District booklet
- 2 years
- Production 2019-Present