Table of Contents
The UR-110 “Torpedo” is the fourth major watch platform from Urwerk, produced from 2011 to the present.
The UR-110 “Torpedo” was launched in 2011 at a special exhibition by Urwerk in Geneva. The watch features the next generation of the company's “Ur-Satellite” movement, with a centrally-mounted element holds wandering hour indicators which point to a minute scale at the edge of the case. It is quite similar to the 2007 Urwerk UR-201 in concept, having three main arms holding three “cubes” of four hours, but the entire movement is rotated 90º counter clockwise, with the minute scale on the right side of the case instead of the bottom.
The new UR-9.01 movement now operates at 28,800 A/h, a first for the company, with just 39 hours of power reserve from a single barrel. It features uni-directional automatic winding with “turbine” regulation like the Urwerk UR-202. Like the UR-200 series, the UR-110 features a power reserve indicator and day/night indicator on the front side, though these are relocated opposite the minute index on the left side of the “dial”.
The new case of the UR-110 is even larger than the UR-201 family, measuring 51 mm lug-to-lug, 47 mm across, and 16 mm thick.
Urwerk won the Design Watch Prize at the Grand Prix d'Horlogerie de Genève for the UR-110 in November, 2011.
In 2010, Urwerk launched a “Rare Species” line in cooperation with retailers Chronopassion of Paris and The Hour Glass of Singapore. The collection was limited to 12 pieces for the UR-202 "White Shark" plus 12 more for the UR-110 ZrN Torpedo.
- UR-110 “Torpedo” (2011) - Cal. UR-9.01
- UR-110 AlTiN (2011) - AlTiN and titanium case
- UR-110 ZrN “Champagne Supernova” (2011) - “Rare Species” Zirconium Nitride bezel
- UR-110 RG (2012) - Black coated titanium case with red gold bezel
- UR-110 TTH (2012) - Tantalum case
- UR-110 ST (2012) - Grooved AlTiN bezel
- UR-110 Pt (2013) - Platinum bezel
- UR-110 PTH (2013) - Red on black dial, matte black platinum bezel
- UR-110 “Eastwood” (2015) - Black coated titanium case with macassar or red ebony bezel