Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Control
Master Control is a watch model range by Jaeger-LeCoultre.
An unusually hard test
With the presentation of the Master Control series the manufacture Jaeger-LeCoultre took an important step to the high quality of their products, both in terms of their own production and also to unmistakably underline the image of the brand.
Each watch provided with this designation is, prior to delivery to the customer, stringently and extensively checked for 1,000 hours, and this means that it has to undergo checks that are sharper than those laid down in the chronometer certification guidelines and requirements. The label "1000 Hours Control" and the engraving on the back of the models confirm that they have successfully passed all tests for accuracy, resistance to temperature and barometric pressure changes, vibrations and magnetic fields as well as water resistance.
And one most important difference to the chronometer certification by the COSC has to be added: while here only the bare movement is tested for accuracy, the Master test concerns the finished watch which the customer finally receives.
Models of the Master Control series
- Master Control - base model with self-winding movement
- Master Ultra Thin - ultra flat manual winding model
- Master Memovox - alarm function
- Master Grand Réveil - perpetual calendar and alarm function
- Master Eight Days Perpetual - perpetual calendar and 8 days movement
- Master Calendar - day of week, month, date and moon phase
- Master Tourbillon - tourbillon and dual time zone
- Master Geographic - world timer
- Master World Geographic - world timer and dual time zone
The series Master Compressor
Also the Master Compressor series which focuses on sporty watches is subjected to the inexorable 1000 hours test. For more information see:
Master Control (base model)