The Swiss Swatch Group is the largest watch trust worldwide.
The start of the story: the Swatch watch
The foundation for this group was laid by the trend and fashion watch, which gave this trust its name: the Swatch watch. Here the fascinating history of the Swatch is decribed in detail:
The largest watch group worldwide
In brief: The Swatch Group of Switzerland (formerly SMH) was founded in 1985 and after the purchase of many watch manufacturers has become the largest group in the world of watches. Today the following watch manufacturers belong to it (categorizations from Swatch Group).
Swatch also owns the chain of watch boutiques known as Tourbillon, Hour Passion, and single-brand stores.
Overall, Swatch Group claims net sales of nearly SFr8.5 billion as of 2018, with over SFr8.2 billion coming from watches and jewelry. This equates to just over 1/3 of the entire Swiss watch and jewelry industry. The company claims over 37,100 worldwide employees, with more than 18,000 in Switzerland.
- Prestige and Luxury
- High Range
- Middle Range
- Low Range
- endura DYB Swatch Group Les Boutiques
Other companies in the compound of the Swatch Group are as follows.
- ETA SA (Grenchen/Villeret/Fontainemelon/Sion, movements)
- François Golay (Le Brassus, watch wheels)
- Blancpain Manufacture (Le Brassus, watch movements)
- Nouvelle Lemania (raw movements)
- Nivarox-FAR (Le Locle, drive springs)
- Nivarox SA
- Fabriques d'Assortiments Réunis
- Comadur (Le Locle, materials)
- Rubattel & Weyermann (La Chaux de Fonds, watch dials)
- MOM Le Prélet (Les Geneveys-sur-Coffrane, watch dials)
- Universo (La Chaux de Fonds, watch hands)
- Manufacture Ruedin (Bassecourt, watch cases)
- Lascor (Sesto Calende, watch cases and bracelets)
- Simon Et Membrez (Delémont, watch cases)
- Swatch Group Assembly (St-Imier/Genestrerio, watch assembly)
- Groupe Habillage Haute Horlogerie
- Dress Your Body (Corcelles-Cormondrèche, gem setting and jewelry)
- EM Microelectronic (Marin-Epagnier, microchips)
- Ebauches Electroniques
- Renata (Itingen , batteries)
- Micro Crystal (Grenchen, quartz crystals and oscillators)
- Swiss Timing (Corgémont, time measurement in sports)
- LASAG (laser)
- Swatch Clopedia 2002. Catalogue for Swatch watches; Author: Michael Steiner; ISBN 393597602X