A. Lange & Söhne Richard Lange Minute Repeater
Richard Lange Minute Repeater
© A. Lange & Söhne
© Lange Uhren GmbH
The Richard Lange Minute Repeater is a wristwatch from A. Lange & Söhne.
The Richard Lange model family was supplemented 2022 with this limited edition minute repeater. It was first presented at the Watches & Wonders Geneva in spring.
The striking mechanism strikes the hours, quarter hours and minutes. It follows a mechanical program that can reproduce 720 different sequences with two differently tuned gongs - one for each minute in the twelve-hour cycle. The hours sound in a lower tone, the quarter hours with a double tone, and the minutes that have elapsed since the last quarter hour in a lighter tone.
So, the time 13:51 would be struck with one low tone, three double tones and six high tones. Through the sapphire crystal back, it is possible to follow exactly how the gong hammers execute the respective sequence on the two gongs that are wrapped around the movement.
The chiming movement has a pause elimination mechanism with a patented hammer lock to prevent damage to the chiming mechanism in case of erroneous operation.
The watch is powered by the newly developed, twice assembled hand-wound Lange L122.1 movement (the 69th Lange manufacture caliber overall), which can be viewed through the sapphire crystal caseback. The gong hammers are finished with an elaborate black polish, and the hand-bent gongs are polished as well. All bridges of the striking mechanism are visually united by a sunburst. Among them, the bridge above the centrifugal governor is additionally skeletonized. Through the generous recesses, one can see the centrifugal governor balanced with two highly polished gold weights, which rotates at a speed of more than 2,000 revolutions per minute when the striking mechanism is running, thus guaranteeing a steady running speed.
The watch is available exclusively in platinum. Each case is carefully hand-finished and polished and bears an engraved serial number.
- 606.079F platinum
- Manual winding manufacture movement Lange L122.1, 21.600 A/h
- Three-quarter plate in untreated nickel silver
- Balance cock engraved by hand
- Shock-resistant screw balance
- Free-sprung Breguet hairspring from in-house production with bent up outer Breguet terminal curve
- Precision beat-adjustment system with lateral setscrew and whiplash spring
- 415 components
- Power reserve 72 h
- Ø 39 mm, height 9,7 mm
- Caseback with sapphire crystal sighting window
- Waterproof to 2 bar
- Hours, minutes
- Strikework with Minute repeater, on/off switchable
- Hand-sewn leather strap with deployment clasp in platinum
- 50 pieces, limitation engraving, boutique-exclusive