Table of Contents
Robert Greubel (*1960) and Stephen Forsey (*1967)
© Greubel Forsey
Greubel Forsey is a Swiss watch manufacturer.
A New Star in the Watch Sky
The watchmakers Robert Greubel (born 1960) and Stephen Forsey (born 1967) met each other in Switzerland in 1992 while working at Renaud et Papi. Since 1999 they cooperate on the development of the tourbillon principle of Abraham-Louis Breguet and have since been launching fascinating and rate accuracy improved models which engage the viewer immediately.
Greubel comes from France (Alsace), Forsey from England (St. Albans). 2001 they founded in La Chaux-de-Fonds the CompliTime SA, a company that is dedicated to the development of complication movements for luxury watch brands. Connoisseurs of the watch industry include the young brand among the top providers and rave both about the inventiveness as well as of the high quality of their products, which are manufactured down to the smallest detail with perfect workmanship.
Greubel Forsey Quadruple Tourbillon
© Greubel Forsey
The further development of the tourbillon concept
The brand Greubel Forsey was founded in 2004, when the model Double Tourbillon 30º was brought onto the market. Here for the first time the common new invention of Greubel and Forsey was applied a double tourbillon, whose second bogie is placed inside the first and inclined at an angle of 30°.
In 2005 the Quadruple Tourbillon à Différentiel with, as the name suggests, four toubillons was presented. Another spectacular invention is the Tourbillon 24 Secondes. With this watch it is claimed to outperform conventionally constructed tourbillons in accuracy.
Prizes and Awards
- That same year, the Swiss magazine Montres Passion awarded the ‘Special Jury Prize – Watch of the Year' for the Tourbillon 24 Secondes.
- In 2008, Revolution magazine bestowed the honour of prize for best ‘Technical Achievement Award' for the Quadruple Tourbillon.
- In 2009, the Quadruple Tourbillon received the prize for best ‘Grand Complication Watch' presented by the Grand Prix d'Horlogerie Asia.
- In 2012, the Invention Piece 2 was distinguished successively by two prizes it wins the ‘Best Design Watch' category at the Middle East Premier Awards, then the ‘Grand Complication Watch' prize at the Grand Prix d'Horlogerie de Genève.
- In turn, the GMT was also honoured for the best ‘Complication Watch' at the Watch World Awards in India.
Greubel Forsey SA
P.O. Box 670
CH-2301 La Chaux-de-Fonds
Tel. (++41) 032 925 45 45