Sinn 6099 Frankfurt Financial District Watch
The Model 6099 Frankfurt Financial District Watch is an automatic chronograph from Sinn produced since 2014 and is a larger version of the original Model 6000 and is the eighth model in the Sinn Frankfurt Financial District line. This was the first large chronograph model since the original Model 6000.
In 1999, Sinn added a model to celebrate the company's home city of Frankfurt and to appeal to the business and finance professionals there. The Frankfurt Financial District Watch was designed to reflect the sensibilities of the German businessman, with clean utilitarian lines, a restrained black dial, and stainless steel case. And, reflecting the international appeal of Frankfurt, the Frankfurt Financial District Watch was designed to show the time in multiple timezones. The company suggested that it could keep track of the time in New York and Tokyo, two other major stock exchanges, while showing the local time in Frankfurt.
The original Model 6000 Frankfurt Financial District Watch used a 38.5 mm case, which was large for the time but seemed increasingly diminutive 10 years later. In 2014, Sinn launched a larger version, Model 6099, with a 41.5 mm case. Apart from the larger case, this model differs in using a Sellita SW 500 ebauche, a D3 crown in addition to the pushers, and being .5 mm thinner. The automatic chronograph movement is modified to add an independently adjustable hand for a second timezone. The third timezone is read using the internal rotating bezel. Both of these use a 12-hour scale rather than the 24-hour scale used on many other GMT watches.
Unlike the original, which included several precious metal versions, Model 6099 has only been issued in stainless steel. In addition to the original black dial version, Model 6099 B features a blue bezel, dial, and subdials in an electroplated sunburst patter. This is a limited edition of 200 pieces launched in 2019 along with the new Model 6012 moon phase model.
- Sinn 6000 (2014-present) - Stainless steel case, black dial
- Sinn 6000 B (2019) - Stainless steel case, blue dial, limited edition of 200 pieces
- On the rotor the Frankfurt skyline is engraved by hand
- Antimagnetic according to DIN 8309
- Shock proof according to DIN 8308
- Ø 41.5 mm, H 15 mm
- Crown with double o-ring gasket
- Pushers with double o-ring gasket and pusher protection
- Waterproof to 10 bar
- Safe below atmospheric pressure
- Black galvanised dial, with solar grinding
- Hours, hours of dual time-zone
- Inner ring with third time-zone minute
- Chronograph 12-hours /30-minutes /60-seconds counter
- 2 wristbands calf leather strap and solid metal bracelet
- Wooden case with watchband replacement tool kit, spare spring bars, Eschenbach watchmaker's loupe, cleaning cloth and Frankfurt Finance District booklet
- 2 years