Compagnie Financière Richemont SA is a Swiss luxury goods group.
The Compagnie Financiere Richemont SA was founded in 1988 by the South African billionaire Anton Rupert. The main business areas are jewelery, watches, pens and clothing. Richemont has grown with the creation and acquisition of Vendôme Luxury Group from 1993 through 1998 and the buyout of LMH in 2000.
Several well-known brands — including Cartier, Piaget, Vacheron Constantin and Baume & Mercier — had been part of the Vendôme Luxury Group, which had also been under the influence of the Rupert family. From the sale of Mannesmann to the British phone giant Vodafone, the brands A. Lange & Söhne, IWC and Jaeger-LeCoultre, which were first possessed by the Mannesmann watches group LMH, newly arrived in 2000.
Richemont Group is organized into four main business areas, each of which contain a number of semi-autonomous "maisons". Each is maison has its own governance, product development, and marketing, but all are encouraged to work together. For example, A. Lange & Söhne and Jaeger-LeCoultre collaborate on watch spring production, and JLC supplies movements to Vacheron Constantin and others. All four of the groups produce watches and related components.
- Cartier (1988/1998 Vendôme) - jewelry, watches, etc.
- Van Cleef & Arpels (1999/2003) - jewelry, watches, etc.
- A. Lange & Söhne (2000/2003, LMH) - watches
- Baume & Mercier (1988/1998 Vendôme) - watches
- IWC (2000, LMH) - watches
- Jaeger-LeCoultre (2000, LMH) - watches
- Officine Panerai (1997/1998 Vendôme) - watches
- Piaget (1988/1998 Vendôme) - jewelry, watches
- Ralph Lauren Watch & Jewelry (2007) - watches and jewelry
- Roger Dubuis (2007/2008) - watches and jewelry
- Vacheron Constantin (1996/1998 Vendôme) - watches
- Montblanc (1988/1998 Vendôme) - writing utensils and watches
- Minerva (2006) - watch movements and components
- Alfred Dunhill (1988/1998 Vendôme) - clothing, accessoires and watches
- Azzedine Alaïa (2007) - clothing
- Chloé (1988/1998 Vendôme) - clothing
- Lancel (1997/1998 Vendôme) - leather goods
- Net-a-Porter (2010) - online fashion retail
- James Purdey & Sons (1994) - clothing & hunting weapons
- Shanghai Tang - clothing
- Montegrappa (2001-2009) - writing utensils
- Old England (1999-2006) - clothing
- Richemont, official website