Table of Contents
Rolex 3186 was a self-winding movement produced by Rolex from 2005 through 2018.
Features bi-directional winding, 28,800 A/h, 31 jewels, date and GMT indication, power reserve 50 hours.
Basing on the calibre Rolex 3135, additional GMT indication (dual time zone). Further development of the Calibre Rolex 3185 with Parachrom blue hairspring and quickset date feature. Used since 2005 in late examples of the GMT-Master II Ref. 16710 and replacement GMT-Master II Ref. 116710.
Cal. 3186 was also used in the Explorer II, Ref. 16570 from 2007 through 2011 until the larger 42 mm Ref. 216570 was introduced. This featured the wider-diameter Cal. 3187 to better situate the date window in the dial.
In 2018, Rolex introduced the new GMT-Master II, Ref. 126710. This watch features the new Chronergy 3-day Cal. 3285 movement.
- Self-winding movement, bi-directional winding
- Chronometer certificate (COSC)
- Escapement Stone lever
- Glucydur balance wheel with microstella screws
- Kif shock protectionen for balance wheel and escape wheel
- Rapid calendar advance
- Complications GMT indication (dual time zone), separately adjustable
- Successor Rolex 3285