Table of Contents
Vianney Halter Antiqua
© Vianney Halter
Vianney Halter is a Swiss watchmaker and watch manufacturer.
Vianney Halter is one of those innovators of late, who clean up radically with the recent watch tradition.
From 1983 in his studio in Paris he had restored valuable antique watches from 1550 to the 1980s and thereby gained a profound knowledge. In 1990 François-Paul Journe invited him to a collaboration, during which he developed watches for important brands such as Breguet, Audemars Piguet, Mauboussin, Jaquet Droz and Franck Muller. 1994 he founded in Sainte-Croix the Manufacture Janvier SA. This name comes from one of the most capable watchmakers in watch history Antide Janvier (1751-1835).
In 1998 Vianney Halter, within the framework of his candidacy for AHCI, presented his first watch creations, supported by Philippe Dufour. His best-known model is the Antiqua with its three dials a perpetual calendar with a self-constructed, patented self-winding movement, whose production per copy takes about 900 hours to complete. Other models are called Classic, Trio, Classic Janvier and Contemporaine.
Like Fabrice Gonet from HD3 Complication also Vianney Halter is inspired by Jules Verne and his mysterious hero Captain Nemo at the design of his creations.
Vianney Halter won the Best Watchmaker Prize at the Grand Prix d'Horlogerie de Genève in November, 2011. In 2016, Halter received the prestigious Prix Gaïa Artisanat-Creation award.
- Vianney Halter Goldpfeil Gravitating Moon Phases and Thermometer (2001 co-branded unique piece)
- Vianney Halter Goldpfeil Jumping Hour and Moon Phases (2001 co-branded unique piece)
- Harry Winston Opus 3 (Introduced 2003, delivered 2009) - Winner, GPHG Innovation Prize
- Cabestan (2006 prototype with Jean-François Ruchonnet)
- Trio Grande Date (2007-present)
- Classic Janvier No1 (2007-present)
- Satellarium (2008 unique piece)
- Deep Space Tourbillon (2013-present)
- Anniversary (2014) - Cal. U30A, LE of 20
- Antiqua Jewellery (2016 unique piece) - Cal. VH198
- Classic Date (2018 unique piece)
Quartier de la Joux 2
Tel. +41 (0) 24 454 29 48
Tel. +41 (0) 24 454 39 44
- Vianney Halter (official site)