The design for the overall AMVOX line was credited to Magali Métrailler, Jaeger-LeCoultre's first female designer.
The name is a portmanteau of the “AM” initials of Aston Martin and the “VOX” of the historic Jaeger-LeCoultre Memovox alarm watch series, though only the original AMVOX1 Alarm features an alarm. Both the AMVOX2 and AMVOX7 feature a unique “vertical” chronograph mechanism, where the crystal is pressed at the top and bottom to start and stop the chronograph mechanism rather than using standard push pieces. The AMVOX5 World Chronograph features standard chronograph buttons along with a world time mechanism. The AMVOX3 Tourbillon GMT features both a tourbillon and GMT function. There was no AMVOX4 because the number 4 is considered unlucky in the Chinese culture, and AMVOX6 was skipped as well.
Jaeger-LeCoultre also produced a non-AMVOX-branded partnership with Aston Martin at this time. The Reverso Grande Auto Vantage, Ref. Q303847A, features the “wings” logo and front fascia of the car in the day/night indicator, a red “8” for the Vantage 8 convertible, and a profile outline of the car with the text “Vantage Reverso” on the back. It is otherwise similar to the Reverso Grande Automatique, Ref. 303.
The Jaeger-LeCoultre partnership with Aston Martin was dissolved in 2016, with the automaker announcing a similar partnership with Richard Mille on March 2. This never came to fruition, however, and it was not until 2018 that a new partnership with TAG Heuer truly succeeded the AMVOX line.
Jaeger-LeCoultre Amvox 1 Alarm
All AMVOX watches have been issued in limited editions, though not all are numbered.
- AMVOX2 Chronograph 192.6.25 - platinum and titanium, platinum closed dial, covered counters (200 pieces)
- AMVOX2 Chronograph DBS (2008-) 192.8.470/25 - stainless steel, open face, no logo (499 or 500 pieces)
- AMVOX2 Chronograph Racing (2010-) 192.T.430 - titanium, open face, no logo (100 pieces)
- AMVOX2 Chronograph Racing PVD 192.T.400/25 - PVD titanium, open black face, no logo (100 pieces)
- AMVOX2 Chronograph DBS 192.T.450/25 - titanium, open face, no logo (999 pieces)
- AMVOX2 Chronograph DBS 192.2.450/25 - pink gold, no logo, covered counters (300 pieces)
- AMVOX2 Chronograph Concept 192.6.440 - platinum, gray dial, silver counters (100 pieces)
- AMVOX2 192.T.440 - titanium, black and silver dial
- AMVOX2 192.T.470 - PVD titanium, black and silver dial
- AMVOX2 Chronograph DB9 titanium, black face, covered counters 192.T.25 (500 pieces)
- AMVOX2 Chronograph "Aston Martin Racing" gold (200 pieces)
- AMVOX2 Grand Chronograph Limited Edition Adrián Fernández pink gold (50 pieces)
- AMVOX2 Transponder 192.T.48A, titanium, black dial
- AMVOX2 Grand Chronograph - 197.2.472