Nomos 1 TSD
manual winding watch movements from Nomos. Until 2002, Nomos simply referred to this movement as “Peseux 7001”. It was produced until 2005 when the Nomos Beta was introduced.
Moving from a Peseux 7001 ebauche, Nomos began creating their own in-house movement in the 1990's. By March, 2002, they gave this series a name “Nomos 1”. These movements still retained the 7001 architecture and design but featured many changes and could not use the same replacement parts. For this reason, ETA/Peseux had requested that the company change the name.
The most important difference between the Nomos 1 family and the earlier Peseux was the use of Triovis fine regulation. Additionally, Nomos replaced the plate and balance cock of the Peseux with gold plated pieces decorated with Langeleist perlage at the Nomos facility. This would be the company's primary movement family until the 2005 introduction of the Nomos Alpha.
The Nomos 1 movement family includes the following members
- Nomos 1 TS - T = Triovis precision adjustment, S = hacking seconds
- Nomos 1 TSD - T = Triovis precision adjustment, S = hacking seconds, D = date
- Nomos 1 TSP - T = Triovis precision adjustment, S = hacking seconds, P = Glashütte three-quarter plate
- Nomos 1 TSDP - T = Triovis precision adjustment, S = hacking seconds, D = date, P = Glashütte three-quarter plate
- Nomos 1 TSDPG - T = Triovis precision adjustment, S = hacking seconds, D = date, P = Glashütte three-quarter plate, G = power reserve indicator
The Nomos 1 TSD is a mechanical manual winding movement with 17 jewels, built from 125 components, and based on the Swiss Peseux 7001. The bridges are gilded, with Langeleist-Perlage, the steel screws are polished and blued, the ratchet and crown wheel feature Glashütte solar grinding, Triovis fine regulation, Nivarox 1 A hairspring, Incabloc shock protection, 21,600 A/h, power reserve ca. 42 hours.
- Nomos (basis ETA-Peseux 7001)
- Manual winding movement
- Escapement stone lever
- Triovis fine regulation
- Glashütte solar grinding on ratchet and crown wheel
- Late 1990's until 2005
- Successor Nomos Beta