Arnold & Son
Arnold & Son is a historic British brand which has been re-started by the Swiss watch company, The British Masters before being acquired by La Joux-Perret. Today it is part of Citizen Group after that company purchased Prothor, the reorganized La Joux-Perret, in 2013.
The British Masters
The idea behind the concept of The British Masters had been to recollect the tradition of the great British watchmakers, namely George Graham (1673-1751) and John Arnold (1736-1799). The first collection of "Graham" and "Arnold & Son" was brought on the market in 1998.
Arnold & Son combines references to English heritage with Swiss watchmaking and is a sister company to Graham.
From La Joux-Perret to Citizen
Arnold & Son traditionally used Jaquet (now La Joux-Perret) movements, most of which used Valjoux, ETA, or Sellita ebauches. In May, 2010, The British Masters sold Arnold & Son to La Joux-Perret. The company immediately introduced new models, serving as a showcase for the movement manufacturer. After that company was acquired by Citizen in March 2012, Arnold & Son became Japanese-owned, though with Swiss management.
Arnold & Son is known for two unusual complications:
- "True Beat" seconds hand, with a single motion per second
- Double escapement and double tourbillon watches
Arnold & Son generally classifies their watches in two categories:
- Royal Collection - "Classic timepieces in the great English tradition"
- Instrument Collection - "Combining marine precision with aesthetic perfection"
- Royal Collection
- True Moon
- TB88 - True Beat 88
- TE8 - Tourbillon Escapement 8
- Hornet World Timer
- DSTB – Dial Side True Beat
- DTE – Double Tourbillon Escapement Dual Time
- TBR – True Beat Retrograde
- TEC1 – Tourbillon Chronograph
- UTTE - Ultra-Thin Tourbillon Escapement
- Time Pyramid Skeleton
- Time Pyramid Guilloché
- Older models
- Grand Tourbillon
- GMT II
- Grand Moon Tourbillon
- True North
- White Ensign
- A&S 1001 - 21 jewel, hand-wound, double barrel
- A&S 1101 - 17 jewel, hand-wound, ladies
- A&S 1209 - 42 jewel, hand-wound, GMT, dual-escapement
- A&S 1311 - 42 jewel, hand-wound, GMT, dual-escapement, sidereal time
- A&S 1615 - Time Pyramid, double barrel
- A&S 1766 - 41 jewel, automatic, equation of time, GMT
- A&S 5003 - 32 jewel, hand-wound, double barrel, True Beat
- A&S 6003 - 32 jewel, automatic, True Beat
- A&S 6008 - 34 jewel, automatic, True Beat, retrograde date
- A&S 6018 - Wandering hours "Golden Wheel"
- A&S 6103 - Automatic, True Beat
- A&S 7103 - Column wheel chronograph, True Beat
- A&S 8000 - 19 jewel, hand-wound, tourbillon
- A&S 8305 - Column wheel chronograph, tourbillon
- A&S 8513 - Double-tourbillion, double-barrel
Arnold & Son SA
Boulevard des Eplatures 38
CH-2300 La Chaux-de-Fonds
Tel +41 (0) 32 910 98 88
Fax +41 (0) 32 910 98 89
- Arnold & Son, official site