A. Lange & Söhne Datograph Up/Down
Datograph Up/Down (platinum), Ref. 405.035
© A. Lange & Söhne
© Lange Uhren GmbH
The Datograph Up/Down (German: Datograph Auf/Ab) is a wristwatch by A. Lange & Söhne.
2012 variant of the well-known flyback chronograph Datograph with additional power reserve indicator (called “up/down” at Lange).
The case diameter was increased to 41 mm, so that with the new caliber and an enlarged mainspring barrel, the power reserve of the original model could be increased by 24 hours to a remarkable 60 hours.
Rhodinated gold baton hour markers on the dial – they also replace the former Roman numerals II, VI, and X – emphasize its clear design and identify the watch as a member of the Saxonia family that was just revised the year before.
- 405.035 platinum
- Hand-winding movement L951.6, 18,000 A/h
- Chronograph with classical column-wheel mechanism, with flyback function
- 46 jewels
- 4 screwed gold chatons
- Plates and bridges in untreated nickel silver
- Balance cock engraved by hand
- 451 components
- Power reserve 60 hours
- Ø 41 mm, height 13.1 mm
- Above sapphire crystal
- Caseback sixfold screwed with sapphire crystal sighting window
- Solid silver, black, applied baton markers
- Lancet hands in Gold, rhodinated
- Hour and minute hands coated with superluminova
- Small hands in blued steel
- Hours, minutes, small seconds at 8 h
- Flyback chronograph with 60-seconds counter as central seconds and precisely jumping 30-minutes counter at 4 h
- Big date at 12 h
- Power reserve indicator at 6 h
- Blue-grey crocodile leather, hand-sewn, with tang-type buckle in platinum