Nomos Ahoi Datum
Nomos Ahoi Datum
Self-winding manufacture calibre Nomos Zeta
Ahoi Datum (“Date” in English) is a waterproof wristwatch with date produced by Nomos produced since 2013. It is part of the larger Nomos Ahoi model range.
In 2013 Nomos presented the new Ahoi model line, which is waterproof up to 200 m and thus well suited for swimming. It has a similar case and dial to the existing Nomos Tangente and Tangomat with the notable addition of crown guards. In fact, the Ahoi model reference numbers are in the same range (550) as the Tangente (500).
The initial Ahoi models were a simple automatic, using the Nomos Epsilon movement, and a Ahoi Datum (“date”) model using the Nomos Zeta. These models moved to the DUW 5001 and DUW 5101 in 2018, using the in-house Nomos Swing System.
The Ahoi Datum has been produced in various colorways, including Atlantik blue and lighter signalblau (“siren blue”). Most models feature a sapphire display caseback but one reference, model 556, has a solid steel back.
The Ahoi was recognized first place in the category “men's watches” by the watch magazine Armbanduhren in 2014. It also won the iF product design award that year. The Ahoi Datum was awarded the Goldene Unruh at MunichTime.
- Ref. 551 Ahoi Datum
- Ref. 553 Ahoi Atlantik Datum Dark blue dial
- Ref. 554 Ahoi Datum signalblau (“Siren Blue”) steel case back
- Ref. 556 Ahoi Datum steel case back
- Self-winding manufacture movement Nomos Zeta or DUW 5101, 21,600 A/h
- Balance spring in Nivarox 1A
- 26 jewels
- Movement surfaces rhodinated with Glashütte stripes and Nomos perlage
- Ratchet and duplex wheel with Glashütte solar grinding
- Blued screws
- Power reserve ~42 h
- Stainless steel, bipartite
- Ø 40.3 mm, H 10.5 mm
- Sapphire crystal caseback, screwed with six screws
- Waterproof to 20 atm
- Galvanised, white silvered, hour indices with Superluminova
- Hour and minute hands rhodinated and coated light blue with Superluminova, seconds hand red lacquered
- Small seconds and date display at 6h
- Hours, minutes, small seconds
- Hacking seconds, date
- Textile strap black with winged clasp
- 3.280 EUR (in 2015)