Nomos Swing System
The Nomos Swing System as example of a completely in-house manufactured assortment
Nomos took the first step to being a true manufacture with the introduction of their Nomos Alpha movement in 2005. But, like most Swiss companies, Nomos still relied on a third party source for the assortment escape wheel, balance wheel, hairspring, anchor lever, pallet stones, and associated bridge. This essential component requires extremely tight manufacturing tolerances and design skill, placing it out of reach for most watchmakers.
In 2014, Nomos surprised the industry with the introduction of their own “swing system”. Entirely manufactured in-house in Glashütte, the Nomos Swing System was the final component needed to elevate the company to the elite ranks of watch manufacturers. First used on their new DUW 4401 movement, it has since spread to most of the company's products.
- Nomos Swing System
- DUW 4401 (2014-present) - Hand winding, date, power reserve indicator, 14.25 ligne, 2.8 mm
- DUW 4301 (2014-present) - Hand winding, power reserve indicator, 10.5 ligne, 2.8 mm
- DUW 5201 (2014-present) - Automatic, world time, 13.75 ligne, 5.7 mm
- DUW 4101 (2015-present) - Hand winding, date, 14.25 ligne, 2.8 mm
- DUW 5101 (2017-present) - Automatic, date, 13.75 ligne, 4.3 mm
- DUW 5001 (2018-present) - Automatic, 13.75 ligne, 4.3 mm
- “Nomos neomatik”, with Nomos Swing System bridge