A. Lange & Söhne Langematik
self-winding watch by A. Lange & Söhne.
After much success with their initial hand-winding models, A. Lange & Söhne launched an automatic movement in 1997. The spectacular new manufacture movement, the "Sax-O-Mat" L921.2, features a 3/4 rotor and unique hacking seconds with zero reset. This top-class watch received the maximum value of 6 stars during a test at the German watch magazine Chronos.
The initial Langematik features similar styling to the Saxonia, with baton markers, sword hands, and a classic round case. The Langematik was available either with or without the patented Lange “Big Date” window at 12 00. Models with the date complication used Cal. 921.4 and had a slightly larger 37 mm diameter and 9.7 mm thick case. References included 308.021, 308.027, 308.031, and 308.032 in yellow gold/champagne, white gold/black, pink gold/black, and pink gold/silver combinations. Non-date models used a 36.8 mm diameter 8.2 mm thick case. These were produced in yellow gold/champagne dial (Ref. 301.021), white gold/black dial (Ref. 301.027), and platinum/rhodium dial (Ref. 351.025). All feature a sapphire case back.
A rare model was the 2001-2004 Langematik Anniversary Jubilee, Ref. 302.025. Inside the 37 mm platinum case was a special Cal. L921.7 movement with a 3/4 rotor with platinum mass for winding. The enamel dial features a red “XII” mark.
- See Also A. Lange & Söhne Grand Langematik
The Grand Langematik was introduced in 2003 and produced through 2007. It shared the same Cal. L921.4 movement as the originial Langematik but had a larger 40.5 mm diameter, 10.7 mm thick case. References include the yellow gold/champagne 309.021, pink gold/black 309.031, and platinum/rhodium 309.025.
- Seel Also A. Lange & Söhne Langematik Perpetual
In 2004, Lange introduced a perpetual calendar version, the Langematik Perpetual. It was produced in many different case and dial combinations, but all measure 38.5 mm in diameter, 10.2 mm thick, and have a sapphire caseback to view the beautiful Cal. L922.1 movement. Ref. 310.021 (310.221 with bracelet) has a yellow gold case and champagne dial, Ref. 310.032 (310.232 with bracelet) has a pink gold case and silver dial, Ref. 310.025 (310.225 with bracelet) has a platinum case and rhodium dial, Ref. 310.047 has a pink gold case and black dial, and Ref. 310.026 has a white gold and black dial.
- Self-winding movement L921.2 «SAX-O-MAT», 36 jewels, 21 600 A/h
- Beat adjustment with micrometer screw
- Bi-directional winding «Dreiviertelrotor» (three-quarter rotor) in 21ct gold and platinum with 4 ball bearings in the gear change
- Power reserve 46 hours
- Bridges with Glashütte ribbing
- 18ct yellow gold/white gold or platinum
- Ø 37 mm, height 8 mm
- Screwed down caseback with six screws and with sapphire crystal
- Dial champagne/black/rhodinated, superimposed Roman numerals and indexes in gold
- Lancet hands in yellow gold/white gold, rhodinated, with Tritium surface
- Hours, minutes, small seconds at the 6
- Hacking seconds with automatical adjustment of the seconds hand (“Zero-reset”) when pulling the crown
- Crocodile leather strap with tang-type buckle
- Versions with Ref. 351… hand-made bracelet in 18ct yellow gold/white gold/platinum
- From 11.402.00 € RRP (retrieved 2007)