The expedition watch model 900, beneath a second timezone, presents many time-based units on the smallest space.
Seen from the outside to the inside, the following data can be read or set
- By the 24-hour scale and the yellow UTC hands the day and night hours of a day.
- By the UTC hands in conjunction with the ordinary hours hand and the sun the north direction can be determined.
- The pilot's bezel - bidirectional rotating via the crown at 10 o'clock - allows direct, minute-precise reading of time intervals up to one hour. Average speeds between 65 and 600 km/h can be displayed with the help of a universal hour scale with base 1. This scale also allows to convert any units to their average per hour, for example the piece numbers of a production process.
- Units per minute like pulse or respiratory rate are measured with an analog designed scale with a base 15. The average value per minute can be read directly, when the time for 15 strokes, breaths or any other countable size is stopped.
- The red telemeter scale measures the distance of a sound source from ones own site, for example, the distance of a thunderstorm area, using the time difference between lightning and thunder.
- At stop-minutes and hours counter, on the basis of an average walking pace of 5 km/h, traveled distances up to 60 km can be read.
To make the Sinn 900 an adequate companion for auto testers and tour friends, Sinn engineers have engraved on the caseback the tire/speed indices and the most important conversion scales for European and American units, such as liters/100 km in miles/gallon.
In 2009, Sinn introduced the 900 Pilot, a variant on the 900 with an inner pilot's watch bezel using a crown at 10 00. The solid caseback on the Pilot features an English/metric conversion chart. The Pilot model has magnetic resistance to 80,000 A/m. All non-pilot versions were retired by 2011, shortly after a PVD-coated “Pilot S” was added. A DIAPAL version was added in 2013 with the same pilot's watch bezel.
- Sinn 900 Hummer (2010)
- Sinn 900 (2004-2011) - Multifunction inner bezel and dial, TEGIMENT case
- Sinn 900 Pilot (2009-present) - Pilot's inner bezel, applied markers, TEGIMENT case
- Sinn 900 Pilot S (2010-present) - Pilot's inner bezel, applied markers, black coated TEGIMENT case
- D 44 mm, H 15.5 mm
- Integrated magnetic field protection up to 80.000 A/m (or 100 mT)
- Pushers with integrated pusher protection
- Gaskets of crown and pushers are made of a material with high chemical resistance used in vacuum technology and chemistry
- Dry capsule
- Waterproof to 20 atm
- Safe below atmospheric pressure
- Black mat, hour indexes covered with inactive white luminous paint
- Fine minute scale
- Telemeter scale and direction information in red
- Tachymeter scale
- Pulsometer scale
- March odometer indication in daylight color
- Inner bezel with minutes and 24 hours graduation in daylight color, with luminous triangle
- Hours and minutes hand covered with inactive white luminous paint
- Seconds hand and stop hand white
- UTC hands covered with yellow daylight color
- Chronograph 12 hours counter, 30 minutes counter, 60 seconds counter
- Date indication
- Tachymeter scale from 65 to 600 km/h
- Pulsometer scale and breath counter from 16 to 200/min.
- Rotating inner bezel with 60 minutes division with luminous triangle and 24 hours subdivision (2nd time zone)
- Display of the north direction by Sun or hour hand and arrow pointer or by a second timezone (with bezel)
- Telemeter up to 20 km
- March odometer up to 60 km
- Conversion scale for European and American troops on the ground Temperature degrees Celsius to degrees Fahrenheit
- Fuel consumption Liter/100 km in miles per gallon (mpg)
- Speed Kilometer per hour in miles per hour (mph)
- kPressure MPa in kilo pound per square inch (ksi)
- Tire pressure bar in pound per square inch (psi) and speed indexes for car tires.
- 3 years