Table of Contents
Montre de l'Année
Montre de l'Année Logo
© Montre de l'Année
Montre de l'Année (Watch of the Year) is a Swiss watch award.
This prize is awarded annually by the Swiss watch magazines Montres Passion and Uhrenwelt at the end of each year. The jury, consisting of professionals from the watch industry, makes a pre-selection among 40 finalists, selected from about a hundred new products. Then the audience, in the context of an online competition, can vote on these models.
There are the following inclusion criteria
- The selected watch must have the “Swiss made” label.
- You must be published between 1 September of the previous year and 31 December of the current year.
- Its store price may not exceed 50,000 CHF.
- It can also be equipped with a quartz movement, but must have an added technical or aesthetic value.
- It must be produced in at least 200 pieces.
- First and foremost, the technical qualities, the finishing of the movement, the readability of the dial, the design, the wearing comfort and the price-quality ratio are considered.
There are the following price categories
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd Prize of the Jury. The jury determines the winning trio for the watch of the year from the 5 models of the last pre-selection.
- Ladies Watch of the Year
- Audience Award
- Special Jury Prize (optional)